Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 January 2013

My little Sonic fan

This is my diary..... well that of my son Alex.

Alex is 7 and was diagnosed in November 2011 with high functioning ASD, sensory processing disorder, and proception dysfunction.  He is also being assessed for various other "conditions" that commonly run alongside ASD.

Alex currently attends main stream junior school and I hope that this blog will act as a record of the trials and tribulations that we as a family deal with and also the issues that he faces on a day to day basis.

Alex has an obsession with computer games, mainly watching you tube to learn how to play different games. He is very bright and caring and can be affectionate at times.  He is very literal and says it exactly how it is.  He has meltdowns and tantrums but he is also funny and helpful.

Yesterday Alex commented to me that he knew he had learning problems so I think we are coming to the point where we need to sit him down and try to explain to him the condition in the simplest way possible.

So I hope you enjoy reading and following us on our journey......


No comments:

Post a Comment